How to Show the Properties Panel in the DesignerControl

I am new to Fast Reports, just been using it a few days. I am using it in a C# WinfForms .Net 4.5 application that was using ActiveReports (Yuck).

I am truing to put into the program the ability for the user to design a report inside the app, like I have with Active Reports.

I put the DesignerControl in one of my windows and I can attach a report object to the designer control's report property. This shows the report design fine.

However, there is no panel to view the properties of the items in the desing. I see a menu option called "Properties" but it does nothing. Also I think I am missing outer panels, like I think there should be a data panel and maybe others.

thanks

Comments

• that is not the way to show the designer, no need to initialize your own designercontrol.

Report report = new Report();

report.load(...);

report.registerdata(....);

report.design();

• ** that is not the way to show the designer

Opps. Correct. That is what I tried at first, its very active-reports-like. but didn't compile. I switched to setting the report's designer object.

Although that detail is hidden in the code because i use wrapper classes that makes it look like the designer is being attached to the report (report-wrapper).

So the problem still exists. In visual studio, in the forms designer I doo see e proeprties panel in the designer control that appears on my window. But when that "real" window is open, the designer control does not show a properties window.

I just thought of something. I don't have a paid version (yet--we are going with this over active reports). Is this just a restriction of the free download?

• actually you can still use the designercontrol object, after you attach the report object, call RefreshLayout();

designerControl1.Report = report;

designerControl1.RefreshLayout();

• That did it! Thanks.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.