Problems with the representation of special characters

If you use special characters in the TfrxRichView, they are displayed in the wrong place or the following text is displayed in bold, etc. Examples are e.g. the ≤, μ, < character and some others. I have tried it already with latest unstable version 6.8.11. Unfortunately, the problem still exists here.

With the μ character it seems to be e.g. that one can write it in WordPad or Word as RTF text correctly in the font "Segoe UI Semilight", but with the Copy & Paste the text after the μ character is completely converted to another font e.g. "Segoe UI Semilight Greek" which is not even installed on the system. And actually the special character also exists in the font "Segoe UI Semilight". Hope you can help me our here?

Comments

• Attach your RTF sample here

• Just try this text snippet as rtf "Examples are e.g. the ≤, μ, < character and some others. I have tried it already with latest unstable version 6.9.1. Unfortunately, the problem still exists here."

It will happend with different characters. Maybe special unicode characters???

In the preview everything is fine. But when you try to export it to a PDF directly out from FastReports, then you will see the special character ≤ is moved "somewhere". When you use the PDF creation via "printer device" like the "Print to PDF" printer then the output is correct. So it has to be a problem with the PDF export from FastReports itself, right?

Thanks a lot for your quick "hotfix" in advance!

• Send your report template (fr3) and prepared report (fp3) to support@fast-report.com

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.