Continuous columns in a template

edited 11:41PM in FastReport VCL 5
I'm wondering if there is a feature within FR that will let me display the 3 data items together only displaying 6 results and then continuing the next 6 results on another group of 3 data items right next to it? My query only returns 12 results. I've attached an example of what I am after, hope you can help as very much a new guy to FR.

Thank you. >

Comments

• gordkgordk St.Catherines On. Canada.
    edited 11:41PM
    use page columns
    in the obp event of mdband write code to move to newcoluumn
    if< line#> =7 then engine.newcolumn
  • edited August 2017
    gordk wrote: »
    use page columns
    in the obp event of mdband write code to move to newcoluumn
    if< line#> =7 then engine.newcolumn

This is certainly closer to what I am after however it it is displaying the 1st six results and then continues the rest of the results on a new page and not next to the other 6 which ideally is what I am after.
    post a copy of your .fr3 file here
  • edited 11:41PM
    post a copy of your .fr3 file here

It is within DetailData2 that I am trying to get two columns to show side by side. I've tried to just just use the columns property but it is going across and down when I need down and across.

Thank you
    after seeing your filei would use the engine object to retreive curx cury of band when line# =1, store in global variables
    when line#=7 set the engine curx cury to desired values
  • edited August 2017
    after seeing your filei would use the engine object to retreive curx cury of band when line# =1, store in global variables

Thank you for your help but I have no idea on how to do that. I've never used engines and unsure how to declare them as a variable [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> void DetailData2OnBeforePrint(TfrxComponent Sender) { if ((<line#> >=1) && (<line#> <7)) Engine.CurX = Engine.CurX; else if ((<line#> >=8) && (<line#> =<13)) Engine.CurX = Engine.CurX + 20; }[/img]
  • edited 11:41PM
    EWhyte wrote: »
    EWhyte wrote: »

Thank you for your help but I have no idea on how to do that. I've never used engines and unsure how to declare them as a variable [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> void DetailData2OnBeforePrint(TfrxComponent Sender) { if ((<line#> >=1) && (<line#> <7)) Engine.CurX = Engine.CurX; else if ((<line#> >=8) && (<line#> =<13)) Engine.CurX = Engine.CurX + 20; }[/img]

Thank you for all your help, after a fair bit of code I now have it working as needed. A lot more complicated than I thought it would be >

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.