Installing fastscript with fastcube demo

sjosjo
edited 7:46AM in FastCube
Hi

I'm using the trial of fastcube to evaluate whether to but the product. I note that many functions require fastscript to be installed. The instructions I see on here state 'run recompile.exe'. Thats fine, but there are various paths and parameters I need to enter which aren't really documentated as where to find.

One other issue - I'm using D2010 RAD Architect, does FS support 2010? If it doesn't, doesn't that kind of mean that many of the fastcube functions are unusable?

Some help with this would be appreciated - I like what I see, but if I can't test it, I can't buy it!

Comments

• edited 7:46AM
    sjo wrote: »
    I'm using the trial of fastcube to evaluate whether to but the product. I note that many functions require fastscript to be installed. The instructions I see on here state 'run recompile.exe'. Thats fine, but there are various paths and parameters I need to enter which aren't really documentated as where to find.
    You need to set paths to:
    1. TeeChart - this is a chart package which can be installed with delphi (standard edition) or you can install it yourself (for example TeeChart pro edition). Recompile requires the path to that teechart package directory (where dcu files are placed).
    2. FastReport - well, if you are using FastReport and want to print reports based on FastCube then please specify the path to that package (where the dcu files are placed).
    3. FastScript. If you are using FastReport then it includes FastScript and in this case you need to set that FastScript path. If you have a standalone FastScript package then set the path to it.
    sjo wrote: »
    One other issue - I'm using D2010 RAD Architect, does FS support 2010? If it doesn't, doesn't that kind of mean that many of the fastcube functions are unusable?

Yes, FastScript supports D2010.

• sjosjo
    edited 7:46AM
    wrote: »
    You need to set paths to:
    1. TeeChart - this is a chart package which can be installed with delphi (standard edition) or you can install it yourself (for example TeeChart pro edition). Recompile requires the path to that teechart package directory (where dcu files are placed).
    2. FastReport - well, if you are using FastReport and want to print reports based on FastCube then please specify the path to that package (where the dcu files are placed).
    3. FastScript. If you are using FastReport then it includes FastScript and in this case you need to set that FastScript path. If you have a standalone FastScript package then set the path to it.

Yes, FastScript supports D2010.

OK so I've installed as above, without fastreports. As fastscripts has no D14 library, I used the D12 one.

Compiles and says installed OK.

When I try and compile the test software I'm using I get an error

[DCC Fatal Error] fcInterpreter.pas(19): F1026 File not found: 'fs_iinterpreter.dcu'

Any suggestions?
  • sjosjo
    edited August 2010

Tried changing to just the fastscript path with same result. On searching, I can't find a fs_interpreter.pas or dcu anywhere.

• sjosjo
    edited 7:46AM
    OK I installed the fast reports demo, recompiled and it now works ok.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.