frxUserDataSet.OnGetValue not triggered

Hello there,

I created a simple App in Delphi 7 with FastReport6.0 (newest version), only to test a simple report based on userdata. I have a frxReport, a frxUserDataSet and a VirtualTable. The table is filled with some data-rows consisting of two datafields.

I use the OnCheckEOF, OnFirst, OnNext, OnPrior to navigate the VirtualTable. That seems to work, because when i do ShowReport() my simple report (Header, MasterBand, Footer, only with MemoView components) shows exactly the amount of rows which can be found in the VirtualTable ( 4 to 6 rows changed on the fly for testing). But the report only shows the text i entered in the reporteditor ( "Pos", "Text") but not the actual data from the VirtualTable.

I tested with a "ShowMessage(VarName)" that the OnGetValue-function is never called.

But the other functions are getting called ( OnNext, OnCheckEof). Why is OnGetValue never called?!?

Thanks for your help.

Comments

• Ok. After a tonload of screwing around i found the solution.

I connected the report to the Dataset "Articles" and connected the MasterBand to the SAME Dataset. Then i renamed the memviews to f.e. "memPos" and set the text of that memview to "[memPos]".

At that point, the GetValue function of the DataSet began to work.

I normaly would get an error for "using the same datasource in report and masterband", but i don´t get one and it simply works.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.