Randomly missing fields in dataset

edited 2:14AM in FastReport VCL 5
Sometimes a report just get: "Field not found:" for some of the fields.

As it occure rarely it's very hard to find out the cause of this random loss.
I would like to have some suggestions of what to lookup for. Maybe there are som settings of the components that can be critical.

In my program I creates the components dynamically but even though I understand that all standard settings is used automatically if I don't change them.

Here is a part of a report that shows how it look like:

Comments

• edited 2:14AM
    I don't know why those fields are not found, but you could use a variable, then when it ask for the variable grab the value there

void __fastcall TDM1::Report4GetValue(const UnicodeString VarName, Variant &Value)
    {
    if (VarName == "GetQuantity")
    {
    Value = TableMasterPrices->FieldByName("Quantity")->AsString;
    return;
    }
    }
  • edited 2:14AM
    I'm not sure how to do this... I use Delphi and but I can still read your code. The problem I see is that you is coding outside the report and is not familiar with that.
    Could you please explain this a bit more in detail?

It has been a while with no errors but now it has happend again and solved only by restarting the program.
    It's strange when some fields from the same datasource is resolved but other not.
    >
    MotoX wrote: »
    I don't know why those fields are not found, but you could use a variable, then when it ask for the variable grab the value there

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.