Show Report Version #

PixelPointerPixelPointer Vaughan, Ontario
edited 8:45PM in FastReport 3.0
Does anyone know how to show the report version number? I can display the fast reports verion and build, but I want to display the report version and build, so that if clients call me with a question, I can have them read off the version # of the report to me.

THanks.

Comments

• detlefdetlef Germany
    edited 8:45PM
    See the property ReportOptions from TfrxReport. There are properties as VersionBuild, VersionBuild, VersionMajor, VersionMinor and VersionRelease which include the necessary information.
  • PixelPointerPixelPointer Vaughan, Ontario
    Thanks. I tried it, but I must be doing something wrong. In my pagefooter, before print event, I set a Memo object's text property to the version numbers, but I get a blank. I looked at the report options, and the data is set, it just does not seem to want to show me the version. I tried a showmessage command to just show me the build number, and I also got a blank.
    procedure PageFooter1OnBeforePrint(Sender: TfrxComponent);
    begin
           memVersion.Text := 'V' + tfrxReport.ReportOptions.VersionMajor + '.' + tfrxReport.ReportOptions.VersionMinor + '.' + tfrxReport.ReportOptions.VersionRelease + '.' + tfrxReport.ReportOptions.VersionBuild;
           //showmessage(memVersion.Text);
           //Showmessage('V' + tfrxReport.ReportOptions.VersionMajor + '.' + tfrxReport.ReportOptions.VersionMinor + '.' + tfrxReport.ReportOptions.VersionRelease + '.' + tfrxReport.ReportOptions.VersionBuild);
    end;

I know the event is firing, as the showmessage procedure fires. I know the memo field is ok, as I can set the test in code, however, as soon as I try adding the build numbers, I get blanks.

Anyone have any ideas?
    Again, I did everything I could think of to get this to work. I looked for options that would maybe be stopping the version from being displayed, but I found nothing. Does the version number work for anyone else?
  • edited 8:45PM
    By default this propertyes is blank.
    You must set this propertyes yourself when you create report.
    I did. I set them, and I can see them set. :-( However, the behaviour that I am seeing, is like it is not set.

I would settle for being able to show the date that the report was last modified, at least then, I could parse the date, and use it as my build id, which would probably be more accurate. I can't even get the modified date to show up, it is acting like it is blank too. :-(

• edited 8:45PM
    The date fields is not blank.
    To test it do this:
    1) Crerate new report.
    2) Place two memo objects.
    3) In first memo write [Report.ReportOptions.CreateDate]
    4) In second memo write [Report.ReportOptions.LastChange]
    5) Set memos Display format to Date.
    6) Run report.
    That worked out quite well. I have no idea what I was doing wrong, but I feel pretty foolish. Thank you so very much for your help. ;)

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.