Child Band on report not moving with detail grows too big.

I have a set of bands as

group header

detail2

childband

Detail2 contains basically 4 memo's..1 of the memo's grows in height to accommodate text that is fed in from the script (Pascal)..

The problem I have is that childband does not move when it is overlapped by the detail2 band. It just stays where I left it.

I have hacked it for now by doing engine.cury:=detaildata2.height+25 in my script before the child2 band prints, but I thought it should move on its own?

Thanks

Phil

Comments

• PolomintPolomint Australia

G'day Phil,

Away from my desk right now, so I can't experiment.

What you "thought" is my understanding too.

I assume that "Detail2" is linked to "Childband" and is set up to resize if its collection of "memos" do.

We have a few Reports that do just that.

I'll check out my assumptions when I have access to our FastReport testbed...

Cheers, Paul

• @Polomint Hello! Paul!

I think my issue may be two fold..

I have a RTF, and a memo side by side set to max height.

The memo contents is updated by an event before the band prints as it can contain a lot of content. And yes my child is linked to the band, so I assume for whatever reason that because its done this way the child doesn't know what's going on (sounds like life sometimes ;-) )

My hack in my scripts is on the before child2 print event and that seems to have fixed it for now :-)

Thanks

Phil

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.