Where do I found a explanation how to use TfrxUserDataset

Hello Everybody,

I'm using Fastreport with Delphi 11 but don't have much expirence with it. Now I'm looking for an explanation how I can use the TfrxUserDataset object !

At the end I need to use 3 different Bands (MasterBand) in my Report with I guess three TfrxUserDataset object.

I don't use any database in my code. All data I want to print are generated in at the code.

I added a MasterBand to my report, maybe it is the the wrong Band ! I assigned the TfrxUserDataset object via the 'DataSet' property to this MasterBand in the Report !

I set the RangeEnd to reCount and the RangeEndCount to the max count I expected.

I added a Memo field to the band and named it "[field1]". I thought I will get an "OnGetValue" event in my Delphi code, and I can set the variable with some data. But I got an error "undeclared identifiere: field1"

How do I get the data to the Report ?

I guess I need to specify Fields inside the masterband ( like a Memo )

What do I need to specify at the TfrxUserDataset.Fields property?

I would like to see any samples !

Does anyone can give me an explanation or some hint or ..

Thanks for yor help

Comments

• PolomintPolomint Australia

G'day,

I haven't used this component myself, but I did find this post on the Forums that might help you.

https://www.fast-report.com/en/blog/show/master-detai-report-vb6/

I realise it is using VB but you might get some ideas...

Cheers, Paul

• Something like this should work:

DMMyReport.frxUserDataSetTest.RangeBegin   := rbFirst;

DMMyReport.frxUserDataSetTest.RangeEnd     := reCount;

DMMyReport.frxUserDataSetTest.RangeEndCount := FOrder.Count;

DMMyReport.frxUserDataSetTest.First;

Where DMMyReport is a TDataModule. That should get you these OnGetValue calls.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.