Showing Data from one Datasource based on Data from another Datasource

Hi Folks,

I have 2 data sources in xml format.

Data source 1 contains various operation data.

Data source 2 contains tool data.

Each operation also contains an ID or a name to a used tool from source 2.

I want to make a report exclusively with data from source 2, this is no problem.

But I also want to make a second report that consists mainly of data from source 1, but also shows some information from source 2.

Since source 1 has a reference to source 2 anchored in the XML as described as (numeric) ID or name I should be able to access different columns somehow, right?

Example:

Source 2

Fields: OperationName | ID_source2 | other...

Source 1

Fields: OperationName | ID_source2 | other...

Report should show:

OperationName | Description(IDsource2) | Diameter(IDsource2) 

I hope you know what I try to achieve. I'm not an expert but I think we talk about the system which is used in databases, known as Primary key/ Forreign Key relationship....

Best regards,

mam

Comments

• Hi all,

I figured out how it works and was just a little lost in the documentation!

The key is like I mentioned, to build a relationship. This can be done in the data window. There is a button "Actions" -> New Relation

After building the relation you can use data from both sources combined.

Cheers

mam

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.