Cannot find TfrxDBDataset class, but also not on palette.

I am receiving a "TfrxDBDataset" not found error message when loading a form that previously worked back in August. I am also not seeing the component in the palette to simply drag back onto the form. I uninstalled/reinstalled FastReports via the GetPackage manager to no avail.

Comments

• PolomintPolomint Australia
    edited November 2022

G'day,

I am away from my desk at the moment so this answer is "from memory"! 😉

Have you checked that there is an entry in the Component Packages Form (via the IDE Menu)? And that the checkbox is ticked?

We've had issues with another product like you report and overcame them by doing a manual "Add Package" in the IDE. But we had to also "tick the box"...

Cheers, Paul

P.S. Back at my desk now. Here are a couple of screen-shots to clarify my post.

• That did the trick! Thank you, I was looking at my IDE options and the Component Toolbar, I never thought that it would be in the Project options.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.