TfrxDBDataset events don't work

I'm using Fastreport VCL 6: I want to use the OnNext event in a DBDataset. But debugging the create of the report shows me, that the event is never triggered.

Comments

• G'day,

We upgraded from Vcl 6.x a long while ago, so I don't know if there was any problem back then, but certainly with Vcl 2022.3.0 the Event is working. To prove it I added debug code to the OnNext Event in one of our Report Templates and got a "forest" of message lines in the log.

What have you tried so far?

Cheers, Paul

Subset of the Debug Log follows...

[log]

FR17589-GLOWreportBalanceSheet.frxDBDatasetNext

[/log]

• Mindert,

I wonder what is "create of the report"?, can you describe that in reproduceable steps so I can check?

Best regards,

Teo, FastReport Technical partner in NL.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.