Static text for Outlines?

We have reports where a few of the bands are always singletons ("Summary", "Notes", etc...) and I'd like to add entries for these to the outline with specific text.

However, I can't find a way of adding anything to TfrxBand.OutlineText that FR won't try to interpret as a database field or variable (then error when it can't resolve it).

As a stopgap I'm using Outline.AddItem in script for the bands, but it would be tidier if things could be done at component level in the report designer - does anyone know if this is possible?

Comments

• A solution for this which I stumbled across while looking at other aspects of the report; all that's needed is to enclose the required static text in single quotes, so rather than:

Summary

in the OutlineText field you use:

'Summary'

(FWIW I'd tried changes similar to this ahead of my original post, but had misremembered the standard FR format for passing static text and didn't quite get what was needed.)

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.