Advantage Database

I have seen references made to Advantage DB but cannot seem to find any native components for use with FireDAC. We are looking to replace Crystal with Fast Reports but our database is Advantage. Are there any Fast Report components for Advantage?

Thanks

Comments

• PolomintPolomint Australia
    edited 7:24AM
    G'day,

I haven't used this myself, but a vague memory says it is possible.

I found some "antique" advice with a quick trawl of Goggle, that suggests it is quite easy...

http://devzone.advantagedatabase.com/dz/Co...fNo=060213-1745

Hope it helps...

Cheers, Paul
  • KingSoftKingSoft Germany/Hannover

Hi glconley,

we use since over 10 years ADS with Fastreport and it works fantastik, also as Inline-Tables and Querys!

We use an old Component from Terry Mitchel; and every new Version we change it to the new Delphi-Version.

If you are interrested, i can give you the Component. (Our actual is Delphi 11)

Best regards

Bernd

• Nice!!! Bute there is no documentation to use the Component...

Can somebody explain how to use it? Special the ADS Database Parameter in FR ??

Thanks

Stevie

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.