FMX FastReport Print Dialog in case of 2 computer screens

In case I have 2 screens attached to the computer and I run my application on the screen which is not defined as the “main display” (Windows Display settings “make this my main display”), I get the following problem:

If I call the report designer or even only the print dialog of a frxReport, both forms open on the other screen (not on the one on which my application is running, they open on the screen which is defined as the “main display”).

Is there a way to define, that both forms (report designer and print dialog) open on the same screen on which the application is running ? The problem is, that my customers do not find the print dialog in case it opens on the other screen,…

I tested the standard PrintDialog from Windows. In this case it is shown on the right screen, so the problem only affects the PrintDialog built in the fastReport Component.

Thanks and regards

Thomas

Comments

• Just in case somebody else has the same problem.

I think I found an interim solution, which seems to work for the moment.

I copied the files “FMX.frxPrintDialog.(fmx and pas)” from the FastReport Sources to my project folder. Afterwards I opened these files and changed the property “Position” of the component “frxPrintDialog” to “MainFormCenter”.

Maybe somebody from Fast Report could change this property in the standard settings in the next Update ? I guess most of the users want to have the Print Dialog on the same screen on which the application is running,… 😊

Regards

Thomas

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.