Vcl 2021.0.7 - Signature / Certificate for Exported PDF

Can anyone point me to any materials on how to use the new "Signature Tab" in FastReport Vcl?

There seems to only be stuff for FastReport .NET in the Blogs and Tutorials. And the Manuals are (sorry to say) "not helpful"!

Cheers, Paul

Comments

• PolomintPolomint Australia

Sadly, the recent post on the FastReport Blog (14 May 2021) gives some information, but doesn't cover the new "Signature" Tab.

Cheers, Paul

https://www.fast-report.com/en/blog/show/make-PDF-from-Delphi-Lazarus-CBuilder/

• Set

frxPDFExport1.DigitalSignLocation

frxPDFExport1.DigitalSignReason

frxPDFExport1.DigitalSignContactInfo

frxPDFExport1.DigitalSignCertificatePath

frxPDFExport1.DigitalSignCertificatePassword

Thanks for the "hints" GPI. I'll look into this further, but I am still hanging-out for some discussion and guidance... 🤓

What I really need is some "best practice" advice on secure ways to do this from code, and not require the App User to choose Certificate etc. But on the other hand, I need to avoid creating a security hole by storing passwords etc. in the code...

Cheers, Paul

• frxPDFExport1.DigitalSignCertificatePath := 'YourPathToCertificate';

edited June 2021

OK Pavel.

I think I need to build a basic test case to demonstrate a number of alternatve options.

Then I might have some clear questions, with (hopefully) simple answers.

Stand by! 😉

P.S. Adobe provides a useful starting point: https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/using/securing-pdfs-certificates.html

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.