print raw file directly to network printer

Hi All,

I have a lot of trouble using a printer (Epson LQ-690 printer) on another PC.

Normally I can share a printer on another PC and use it on the network.

But installing this printer on any PC in the network gives me an error of 0x000003e3.

I tried several solutions but nothing helps.

I know it is possible to print a file to a network printer using Powershell.

I use FastReport to output a file (save is only possible to pdf format) and print this file using Powershell.

I tried this on another printer in the network, and the result is good.

But using the Epson LQ-690 printer, with the 0x000003e3 problem, the format is not good. All kind of rubbish is printed. Printing on the PC were the Epson LQ-690 printer is installed is working good.

Is it possible to output a raw binary file with FastReport so I can send this one to the network printer?

I tried a text file, and this is working properly. But can FastReport export a raw file?

I hope someone can help me.

Comments

• Did you try to use Dot-matrix report?

• Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

Is it possible to save the output to file like in the dialog in code?

It seems that 'frxReport.SaveToFile(ReportFileName);' is something different then selecting 'save to file' in the printing dialog.

If I use 'save to file' in the printing dialog and the output is dot-matrix it seems okay.

But it is more convenient to do this in code.

• Use frxReport1.PreviewPages.SaveToFile

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.