Detail Data Band Preventing its "Parent" from Printing.

I am working on a report with two data tables, a parent and child.

I have the parent printing fine until....

I create a :"detail data band" for the child. (Not a "Child data band", is that an issue?) and set the new detail data band to print the data from the child table.

At that point, it no longer prints the parent data for parents that do not have children.

Its a little like its doing a "join" verses a "left join", but the data is not joined via a query. Instead I am providing a dataset with 2 tables

Comments

• dont go looking for trouble rather avoid it.

the purpose of reporting is just to create a report, not filtering/manipulating data, just send one table to report generator (remember the good old days of microsoft access era).

for filtering data, use stored procedures or in memory ORM, but personally I love to use stored procs and ado.net for performance

talking about RDBMS concept, use denormalization database strategy, storage is cheap now, we need faster execution of the queries

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.