Cant sum two variables

Leo BidiLeo Bidi Montevideo, Uruguay

Hi, I have two variables in the page footer on the second page of a report.

The two variables are printed correctly but when I try to put this code

[<tVar1> + <tvar2>] in another memo to sum both variables, i get only

the same text as the formula. What i am doing wrong ?? I did this all the time

and now cant see the problem.

Thanks

Comments

• G'day Leo,

How did you "populate" the Memo? Did you type the formula as you see it above, or did you use FR's "helper" (Insert Aggregate or something similar) to create it? Did you "drag" the Variables into the Memo Text?

I don't know why but I am a bit suspicious of the syntax in your example! The mix of square and angle brackets look "problematic" - but I don't have FastReports available right now to check it out.

Have you tried:

[tVar1] + [tvar2]

?

We have a lot of formulae in our multitude of reports and don't get the sort of problem you report. Having said that, for anything complex we usually fall back to Delphi Code 😉

Cheers, Paul

• Can you attach your report template (fr3) here?

• here is my code on designer

procedure Memo105OnBeforePrint(Sender: TfrxComponent);

begin

try

Memo105.text:=formatfloat('#0.00', (StrToFloat(<tVar1>)+StrToFloat(<tVar1>) )  )) 

except end;

end;

Note: make sure you have correct open /close ( or ) ..

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.