Export to PDF show box character for unicode characters

ccyccy
edited 2:49PM in FastReport VCL
When I use TfrxPDFExport to export a fastreport to PDF file containing chinese characters, the PDF file shows square box characters. Is there any settings I should do to make it works?

Comments

• PolomintPolomint Australia
    edited 2:49PM
    G'day CCY.

What Charset value do you have for the Font?

We had a similar problems displaying currency symbols (OK in Preview but not in PDF) a while back.

The discussion at the following link may help you...

http://www.fast-report.com/en/forum/?p=/discussion/14093

Cheers, Paul

• gpigpi
    edited 2:49PM
    Try to use Arial Unicode MS font or another unicode font and export to PDF with "Embedded fonts" option
  • I'm using FastReport.Net 2020.1.28 (Windows 10 Pro 1903). Out of 19 languages, I only had trouble with the Chinese. Direct printing is good for printers, Microsoft Print to PDF is good (PDF 1.7, slower than PDF export), PDF export is good only for areas of Microsoft charts, and the rest are rectangles. I tried to print the faulty PDF with Edge, Sumatra, Adobe readers. Sumatra typed the first Chinese letter correctly, then repeated the next letter, and now the third letter appears instead of all the letters.

• This is FR 6 VCL category. Create topic in the FR.Net category

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.