TfrxReport.OnManualBuild

Hello,
my problem:
I am your documentation information in FR4.6 Programmer Manual and in my Delphi code I create an event
procedure TDataModule1.frxReport_TabCodeManualBuild (Page: TfrxPage);
var
begin
frxReport_TabCode.Engine.ShowBand (LDataBand);
end;

in this code

I always have an error, it seems that I do not have access to Engine here

Thank you for your help

Comments

• PolomintPolomint Australia
    edited 2:00PM
    gpiriou wrote: »
    in this code

I always have an error, it seems that I do not have access to Engine here

Thank you for your help
    G'day,

Where in your code have you initialised LDataBand? And how have you done it?

Cheers, Paul
  • edited 2:00PM
    Hello,
    like this:
    wrote:
    LDataBand := TfrxMasterData.Create(LPage);
    and I also have
    wrote:
    LDataBand := frxReport_TabCode.FindObject('MasterData1') as TfrxMasterData;
    FastReport support informed me that I could not call frxReportManualBuild (Page: TfrxPage) directly from Delphi code because otherwise frxReport.engine causes delphi execption.
    I want to make a composite report with several reports of which one of them is totally written in frxReport1ManualBuild.
    I block on several things:
    if I call in my code delphi frxReport1ManualBuild my report is built well but I can not in this code to make a new page by Engine.newpage (exeption delphi) and therefore more support FR tell me not to make.
    if i am their information i try to make this code below without success:
    wrote:
    ...... // other composite reports
    frxReport1.PrepareReport(true);// this code calls frxReport1ManualBuild (Page: TfrxPage) by default
    LStreamTAB.Clear;
    frxReport1.SaveToStream(LStreamTAB);
    LStreamTAB.Position:= 0;
    frxReportcompil.LoadFromStream(LStreamTAB);
    frxReportcompil.PrepareReport(false);
    frxReportcompil.ShowPreparedReport;

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.