Corrupt PDF Exports

Hi -

Just recently my customers have reported that documents they have sent to their customers as PDFs are corrupted. I am using Delphi and Fastreports to export documents to PDF format before emailing to customers. This system has worked faultlessly for some time. Its only recently that I have been told that people receiving these PDF attachments are seeing un-readable characters / garbage. To my knowledge, there have been no font changes and no exotic fonts are being used, and as I say - this system has been in place and working fine for the last year or more.

Here is an example of the corruption customers are seeing when receiving the PDFs via email..

Corrupt.jpg

I did hear that Adobe had released an update recently for PDF and was wondering if this was due to that ? I am using Fast reports VCL Version 5.5.12 Professional and delphi XE2 (I know its old but all I can afford [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />). What makes this more strange is that the corruption is intermittent. Sometimes they receive the emails and the PDFS are readable. Anyway, if anyone has similar problems or can shed some light on this issue - I would be very grateful.[/img]

Comments

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.