frxBDEComponents.dcu missing for Delphi 10 Seattle

edited 3:34PM in FastReport VCL 5
I'm evaluating the migrating of a project to Delphi 10 Seattle. Therefore I installed FastReport 5 Demo version (fr5_all_trl.exe) with the BDE option.

When I try to compile my project I get an error that 'frxBDEComponents' is not found.

When I search for this file on my hdd in "...\FastReport 5 VCL Trial\LibD23" it is not found.

But the folder for Delphi 7 (...\FastReport 5 VCL Trial\LibD7) and for Delphi 2010 (...\FastReport 5 VCL Trial\LibD14) containing frxBDEComponents.dcu.

On the other hand other BDE files like "frxBDE23.dpk" are included in all three Delphi folders.

Am I doing something wrong?

Comments

• edited August 2016
    al42 wrote: »
    I'm evaluating the migrating of a project to Delphi 10 Seattle. Therefore I installed FastReport 5 Demo version (fr5_all_trl.exe) with the BDE option.

When I try to compile my project I get an error that 'frxBDEComponents' is not found.

When I search for this file on my hdd in "...\FastReport 5 VCL Trial\LibD23" it is not found.

But the folder for Delphi 7 (...\FastReport 5 VCL Trial\LibD7) and for Delphi 2010 (...\FastReport 5 VCL Trial\LibD14) containing frxBDEComponents.dcu.

On the other hand other BDE files like "frxBDE23.dpk" are included in all three Delphi folders.

Am I doing something wrong?

The BDE components have been removed since XE7. So the demo for the BDE won't run in XE10
  • edited 3:34PM
    The BDE components have been removed since XE7. So the demo for the BDE won't run in XE10

The BDE was seperated. You can download and install it separately.
    see http://cc.embarcadero.com/item/30359

frxBDEComponents is part of Fast Report.

• edited 3:34PM
    I installed Fast Report for other Delphi versions now. It seems frxBDEComponents were "removed" after Delphi XE6: The folder "...\FastReport 5 VCL Trial\LibD20" contains frxBDEComponents but from "...\FastReport 5 VCL Trial\LibD21" not.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.