Confirming FastCube v2.5.5 Version Number

PolomintPolomint Australia
edited 6:52AM in FastCube 2
I am trying to verify that FC is correctly installed on development machines. In the debug code for an App I have created the following procedure
function GetFCVersion : string;
  var
    Cube : TfcxCube;

begin
  try
    Cube := TfcxCube.Create (nil);
    Result := Cube.Version;
  finally
    FreeAndNil (Cube);
  end;
end; {GetFCVersion}
When FC 2.5.5 was released recently I manually uninstalled the previous version, and ran IOBit Uninstaller to "shred" any vestiges of the install. Then I installed the the new version.

In spite of these actions, the above code is reporting v2.5.2 is installed.

Any suggestions
- why this might be happening?
- for a more reliable version test!

Comments

• PolomintPolomint Australia
    edited 6:52AM
    OK - we've solved our own problem. Others may be interested how we did it...

The problem stemmed from running the Recompile after the Installation (four times: twice for our RAD Studio XE7 and Seattle environments, and twice for 32 and 64 bit outcomes).

In each case we blithely assumed the compiles were successful - a nice dialog box pops up to say the output is in "C:\Program Files\FastCube 2 VCL Professional\LibD21" (or other) folder - however the memo window at the bottom of the Wizard was displaying "not compiled" for several *.dpk files.

Turns out the paths specified for FastReprot 4 [sic] and FastScript .dcu files, while correct, included a trailing '\'

Taking this trailing slash off the path fixed the compilations(!)

The GetFCVersion function now returns "2.5.5" >
    Polomint wrote: »
    The GetFCVersion function now returns "2.5.5" >
    OK the weirding continues. Now this code is reporting "2.5.7" with FC v2.5.6! Getting ahead of ourselves here, or sloppy RVC at the "Factory"?
    And now with the release of v2.6 we are seeing version number of 0.0!

I have raised a support ticket on this.

[rant]
    Revision-Version-Control is important, folk! If you aren't going to maintain this information for us, delete the Version property from your components and we'll revert to managing RVC ourselves! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/mad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" /> [/rant][/img]
    Polomint wrote: »
    I have raised a support ticket on this.
    And the support ticket has been acted upon and this matter is resolved.
    >

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.