Hide text and move up?

edited 5:09PM in FastReport VCL 5
I have reports for invoices, workorders, quotes, po's, ect.

It would be nice to have panels, put text boxes in them aligned to top.

Then as you hide any fields, they just move up.

Currently I am doing this via all code. Which works, but very complicated at times as more stuff added.

Is there anyway to create something like this easier?

Example would be

I have a box in the top left.

Contains customer info. Name, phone, address, blah.

We have other details, things that aren't a big deal if blank. So if blank, just hide them from showing
on the report.

Comments

• edited 5:09PM
    Bump...

No one runs into such issue?

Is my design setup wrong?

I'd like one report that just kinda morphs depending on some settings... just doesnt seem like fastreports supports such things.
  • gpigpi
    edited 5:09PM
    wrote:
    Currently I am doing this via all code. Which works, but very complicated at times as more stuff added.
    I think this is better solution. Also you can use child band for each TfrxMemoview and show/hide whole band or use IIF function and show all info in the one TfrxMemoView. But this is not solution for all cases
  • edited June 2016
    Anyone have better input on this?

The reports I have (multiples) all need stuff to move around and adjust for different people.
    Since we have a few hundred locations running this in 2 or 3 countries we need to be flexible.
    The base core of its all the same, but just a few things need moved around depending on taxes and such.

It would be so nice to have a TPANEL like object... drop some memos or whatever else in there top aligned and hide the ones we don't need
    and everything just moves up by itself.

The code works, but its hundreds of lines long and can mess up a report very quickly if one thing is off.
    As I understand it, you want to make kind of "groups" of memos ? Have you thought of subreports on a single record (rbCurrent -> rbCurrent) ?
  • LurkingKiwiLurkingKiwi Wellington, New Zealand
    edited 5:09PM
    When you say that you are using "code", is this Delphi code (locating report objects and tweaking them) or script in the report?
    I have used OnBeforePrint handlers in script to make adjustments to memo sizes and visibility, or enable/disable child bands - at least then you know the script is synchronised to the report fields but on the other hand needs to be edited in every report.
    thefreecat wrote: »
    As I understand it, you want to make kind of "groups" of memos ? Have you thought of subreports on a single record (rbCurrent -> rbCurrent) ?

Haven't tried subreport stuff yet... Maybe have to check it out if there are good examples.

When you say that you are using "code", is this Delphi code (locating report objects and tweaking them) or script in the report?
    I have used OnBeforePrint handlers in script to make adjustments to memo sizes and visibility, or enable/disable child bands - at least then you know the script is synchronised to the report fields but on the other hand needs to be edited in every report.

Script code ....

Problem I guess is an area is common to all usages.
    But depending on who/what/where you are and settings on server, reports need tweaked.

Would be nice to just plop a bunch of memos on top of each other... set ones i don't need to visible false ... and they are gone, and everything below just moves up.

What I have works, has worked for a long time now, it just gets crummy when we have to add stuff, so i gotta sometimes go through this nasty chunk of script code to
    make all the adjustments.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.