Newbie on Fast Report

Hello.

I now bought Delphi XE7 Embarcadero. Version 21.0.17707.5020 and
included there was Fast Report.

I would like to try it, but have been using Report Builder with my Delphi 2009 Enterprise.
Fiddeling a bit with Fast Report, I tend to replace RB with it, but as in all migration processes
I stumble around in the new tool, experimenting to get a report out of it.

Can you give a quick example on how I build a report in the designer, i e what bands and how
theese are connected for the following task:

I want to make an Invoice that will show the current Supplier in qrySuppliers and this supplier's
payer/customer (Master/Detail with Supplier) in qryPayers and the payer's qryOrderMaster and qryOrderDetail.
(Only one order per Invoice)

I'm in a hurry, but don't want to install Report Builder just to get this done in time, if I can avoid it.

Also, I use XanaNews news reader. Has Fast Report a news server I can use for that?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• PolomintPolomint Australia
    edited January 2016
    Can you give a quick example on how I build a report in the designer, i e what bands and how theese are connected?
    Hi Kai,

Have you reviewed the dozen or so demonstration projects installed with FastReport? They'll be in a folder like:
    C:\Program Files\FastReports\FastReport 5 VCL Standard\Demos\

These contain the FR3 files as well as the Delphi code.

Cheers, Paul
  • edited 2:49PM
    Polomint wrote: »
    Have you reviewed the dozen or so demonstration projects installed with FastReport? They'll be in a folder like:

Like Kai, I'm also a FR newbie, and I'm running XE7 Professional. I have a folder \Program Files\FastReports\Demos, but it's empty. Where can I download the demos that are supposed to be there? Thanks!!
  • AlanH wrote: »
    AlanH wrote: »

Like Kai, I'm also a FR newbie, and I'm running XE7 Professional. I have a folder \Program Files\FastReports\Demos, but it's empty. Where can I download the demos that are supposed to be there? Thanks!!
    Hello Alan.
    There are several flavours of Fast Report editions, where the Embarcadero edition following the Delphi XE 7 is the least one.
    Your path tells me that you don't have the demos mentioned, because you only have the Embarcadero edition.
    I now bought the Fast Report Standard edition and there the demos are present in the path mentioned by support.
    (Different from your path)

[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> Kai Inge[/img]
  • PolomintPolomint Australia
    edited 2:49PM
    I now bought the Fast Report Standard edition and there the demos are present in the path mentioned by support.
    :lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> Sorry Kai Inge, I am not "support". Just a slightly less Newbie FR user" alt="> Sorry Kai Inge, I am not "support". Just a slightly less Newbie FR user" />[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> It's a while since I had only the Embarcadero edition of FR, but I was sure it had demonstration projects too. That's how I started, using the demos to aid transition from QuickReports / Rave... Cheers, Paul[/img]
  • gpigpi
    edited 2:49PM
    See FR Embarcadero Edition demos in the attach

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.