No data visible in grid

edited 9:09AM in FastCube 2
Hello,
I am new to FastCube. I installed trial version (2.1.8) to my Delphi XE2 and created very simple example.
I have TDxMemData (DevExpress Local Dataset) with very simple structure (SHOP, PRODUCT, SALE) linked to TfcxDBDataset, it to TFcxDataSource and TFcxCube.
On my form I have TFcxSliceGrid (and Toolbar) linked to TFcxSlice and to TfcxCube.
I see my fields in Fieldlist, I can drop SHOP to row, PRODUCT to column.
I can define Measure by drop SALE to center of grid.
It is all looking fine but I see NOTHING in grid. No summaries of SALE.
When I double-click on cell data are displayed correctly.

DataModule1.dxMemData1.Open();

fcxDBDataSet1.DataSet := DataModule1.dxMemData1;
    fcxDataSource1.DataSet := fcxDBDataSet1;
    fcxCube1.DataSource := fcxDataSource1;
    fcxSlice1.Cube := fcxCube1;
    fcxSliceGrid1.Slice := fcxSlice1;

// clear field list
    fcxDataSource1.DeleteFields;

// set cube source type
    fcxCube1.CubeSource := fccs_DataSource;

// load data
    fcxCube1.Open;

// define
    fcxSlice1.BeginUpdate;
    fcxSlice1.XAxisContainer.AddDimension( fcxSlice1.SliceFieldByName['SHOP'] );
    fcxSlice1.YAxisContainer.AddDimension( fcxSlice1.SliceFieldByName['PRODUCT'] );
    fcxSlice1.MeasuresContainer.AddMeasure( fcxSlice1.SliceFieldByName['SALE'], 'Sale','Sale', TFcxAgrFunc.af_Sum );
    fcxSlice1.EndUpdate;

Please help me, it is probably something very stupid [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> Windows 7 Professional Czech Edition, Delphi XE2, FC2 2.1.8[/img]

Comments

• edited 9:09AM
    Hello,

I have the same problem using C++ Builder XE5.
    Do you solved it?

Regards,
    Patricio Cerda
    Leonell wrote: »
    Hello,
    I am new to FastCube. I installed trial version (2.1.8) to my Delphi XE2 and created very simple example.
    I have TDxMemData (DevExpress Local Dataset) with very simple structure (SHOP, PRODUCT, SALE) linked to TfcxDBDataset, it to TFcxDataSource and TFcxCube.
    On my form I have TFcxSliceGrid (and Toolbar) linked to TFcxSlice and to TfcxCube.
    I see my fields in Fieldlist, I can drop SHOP to row, PRODUCT to column.
    I can define Measure by drop SALE to center of grid.
    It is all looking fine but I see NOTHING in grid. No summaries of SALE.
    When I double-click on cell data are displayed correctly.

DataModule1.dxMemData1.Open();

fcxDBDataSet1.DataSet := DataModule1.dxMemData1;
        fcxDataSource1.DataSet := fcxDBDataSet1;
        fcxSliceGrid1.Slice := fcxSlice1;

// clear field list
        fcxDataSource1.DeleteFields;

// set cube source type
        fcxCube1.CubeSource := fccs_DataSource;

// load data
        fcxCube1.Open;

// define
        fcxSlice1.BeginUpdate;
        fcxSlice1.XAxisContainer.AddDimension( fcxSlice1.SliceFieldByName['SHOP'] );
        fcxSlice1.YAxisContainer.AddDimension( fcxSlice1.SliceFieldByName['PRODUCT'] );
        fcxSlice1.MeasuresContainer.AddMeasure( fcxSlice1.SliceFieldByName['SALE'], 'Sale','Sale', TFcxAgrFunc.af_Sum );
        fcxSlice1.EndUpdate;

Please help me, it is probably something very stupid [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> Windows 7 Professional Czech Edition, Delphi XE2, FC2 2.1.8[/img]
  • edited 9:09AM
    Hi.

You need to move field "Measures" to X or Y axis.
    For example:
    fcxSlice1.XAxisContainer.AddMeasuresField;

Best regards,
    Oleg Pryalkov.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.