Split one MasterData band over multi pages?

edited 12:22PM in FastReport 4.0
I have a MasterData band stretched to fit over multi pages. The data source is a query that can only output one row. The objects that contain the columns from the query are stacked vertically instead of left to right in rows.
Printing the report after running truncates the report after printing one page. Can I force the MasterBand to continue printing when the end of the page is reached?

I have a workaround using different MasterData bands on each page. It works since the result of the query is only one row. I would still like to know if I can get the report to print a single MasterData band across mult pages.

Thanks

Comments

• edited 12:22PM
    I found it.
    Report Properties > PrintOptions > PrintMode > pmSplit
    DavidWIII wrote: »
    I found it.
    Report Properties > PrintOptions > PrintMode > pmSplit

Changing PrintMode is actually unnecessary. Just increase the page size while in design so the MasterData band fits.
    When finished, return the page size back to normal leaving the MasterData band as large as required.
    The text and objects on the band that need to be together have to be repositioned so as not to break them up when a new page starts.
    It was a lot simpler than I thought.
  • gordkgordk St.Catherines On. Canada.
    edited 12:22PM
    what happens when you set allow split property of the band, might be simpler
    gordk wrote: »
    what happens when you set allow split property of the band, might be simpler

I don't see any difference after setting the split property of the band. I had tried that earlier.

The band height is 128.60. The page height is 27.94. A page footer increments the pages correctly.
    I'm not even sure what I had wrong when I first posted the question.
    I probably originally thought changing the stretch mode of the band was all that was required.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.