Images with columns in the next page

edited 7:30PM in FastReport 4.0
Hello, my name is Marie. I am trying to create a report which has images in columns, but the images must start in the next page after the document is created.

I tried to put the option "Start on a new page" in the MasterData, which has inside a Subreport. I also tried read the User Manual, but I didn't find enough information about this matter.

The results that I got when I did this are as follows:

image1.jpg

As you see, the images are separated and the first one is stuck in the first page while the second one is in the second page (as I want to). The idea is that both keep together and also if I put more images like that they keep the same format.

I let you see also the configuration of my FastReport if that helps you.

fr3.jpg

Could you please help me? I will appreciate it!

Marie.

Comments

• gordkgordk St.Catherines On. Canada.
    edited 7:30PM
    Not sure why you are using 2 master bands?
    what is the data relationship between data and pictures ?
  • edited May 2014
    gordk wrote: »
    Not sure why you are using 2 master bands?
    what is the data relationship between data and pictures ?

Thanks for your soon answer gordk.
    I used the 2 master bands because the results when I use just one were worst. For example,

1brand.jpg

Of course I also put the option "Start on a new page" in the image subreport but it doesn't work.

I will appreciate any kind of help, maybe I can find the way to do it.
    again
    what is the data relationship between printed data and pictures ?

• edited 7:30PM
    Well, the format is for a medical institution and what they want is that the text remains in the first page and the images begin to appear in the second page of every report so it would be aesthetically pleasing. The images describes the text in the first page if this is what you mean with relationship.

Now, if you're talking about the relationship that the objects has inside the document, well, they are two different subreports, no relationship at all as far as I know.

Thanks in advance.
    no what i am asking is how are the datasets that the master databands are connected to related.
    what you may want to do is use a detail band not a second master data band,
    place your subrep in the detail band
    set the detail bands rowcount prop to 1 and write code in the obp event of the detailband to force a newpage.
    engine.newpage
    That really helped me a lot! Thanks! Now I'm closer than I was before to get the final result. Let me show you what I got at the moment.

close.jpg

The only thing left if it doesn't bother you, is that the client asked me if the Images could start in the next page from where the text ends. That would be all.

I tried to put the same line code inside the subreport, the detail data band but I cannot get what I want.

Thanks a lot!
    iirc set the subrep print on previous page prop to false
    gordk wrote: »
    iirc set the subrep print on previous page prop to false

Hi friend, I did this but the images still appearing in the same page where text finishes, is there another way?

Thanks in advance for your valuable help.

configuration.png
    post a copy of your fr3 file here along with fp3 file(saved report)
    i'll take a look at it.
    btw what version and level of fr4 are you using
  • edited May 2014
    The version is 4.12

Here you have the fr3 file. Let me know you if you got it.

Kind regards.
    yes i got it
    you should set the startnewpage property to true for the detail band
    Hi friend!

I tried that too and the images still appearing in the same page where text ends... I really don't know if I am doing something wrong, but if you want to help me (or anybody else) again I would appreciate it.

Thanks in advance!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.