Cross Tab Error Could not convert variant of type (String) into type (Double)

Hello I modified you printing string grid Example in the following way. In Cell [1,1] I added a string
Cell[1,1]:='A long text with some strings'
In the Crosstab Editor I unchecked each option and set Rows,Columns and Cells to 1.
When I invoke the print preview I got the error message ?«Could not convert variant of type (String) into type (Double)?».

In your FAQ http://www.fast-report.com/de/faq/13/#101 you say "If in the cross-table cells you used string values, then you need to disconnect functions arguments in the cross-table editor ."
But I think I had done this. Or is there anywhere else an option I can uncheck ?
Can anyone give me a simple example where FR prints a stringgrid with some rows and strings in it ?

If it is important. I use Fastreport 4.12

Comments

• gordkgordk St.Catherines On. Canada.
    edited 12:23PM
    make sure you have selected none in the functions.
    look in your fastreport 4\demos\printstringgrid.
  • edited 12:23PM
    But this is exactely what I have don. I just add a StringGrid1.Cells[1, 1] := 'This is a Text'; in the form create and removed the calculated functions in the Crossreport item. Or did you mean some other functions ?
    I attached the project. Oh, if it is important. I use Delphi 6
  • gordkgordk St.Catherines On. Canada.
    edited 12:23PM
    it runs fine as soon as you enter the cross editor and set the cell functions to none instead of sum
  • edited 12:23PM
    Thanks a lot.

No I have seen this function. I thought I had to modify it somewhere in the Objektinspector or at the checkboxes of the cross-tab editor. I didn't see the cell function in the Cross-tab structure.
    Now I noticed the drop down menu and changed it. After I changed it to none it runs fina as you described
    Thanks again

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.