Questions/To Decide about FR

(sorry for my english)

Hello, I???m playing with some generators reports to decide witch on I buy.

More Important

- I work with some Global variables in delphi, How can I pass/go these variables to FR.?
- I work with DataBaseExpress. For this, Simply, I must to use a frDBXComponents?
- I see there are 2 ways to use Fields in FR: Field???s Variables or Fields. With one i???ts the better? Advantajes and Disadvantajes.
- I see there are 2 ways to connect data to a frDBDataset: DataSet or DataSource(TclientDataSets). With one i???ts the better? Advantajes and Disadvantajes.
- The most of the reports that I want to create starts with de same PageHeader structure. How It???s posible to create a unique PageHeader for a lots of reports?

Less Important

It???s posible to obtain the code/source of the new FR demo? Where?

Thank you very much

S.Barco

Comments

• SamuraySamuray Administrator
    edited 4:29AM
    wrote:
    - I work with some Global variables in delphi, How can I pass/go these variables to FR.?
    Nothing problem.
    frVariables := anyvalue;
    after use variable with name 'ANYVARNAME' in report.
    This is very simple way.
    wrote:
    - I work with DataBaseExpress. For this, Simply, I must to use a frDBXComponents?
    Yes. This db-engine supported in FastReport.
    wrote:
    - I see there are 2 ways to use Fields in FR: Field???s Variables or Fields. With one i???ts the better? Advantajes and Disadvantajes.
    Any way. As example i like to use Fields.
    wrote:
    - I see there are 2 ways to connect data to a frDBDataset: DataSet or DataSource(TclientDataSets). With one i???ts the better? Advantajes and Disadvantajes.
    Nothing difference. Use any property.
    wrote:
    - The most of the reports that I want to create starts with de same PageHeader structure. How It???s posible to create a unique PageHeader for a lots of reports?
    Good question. In this time FastReport not support include directive
    or any macro values or structures. Use copy/pase for it and global
    varbles in text fields. In future we a planning release including of the report (or inheritance)
    wrote:
    It???s posible to obtain the code/source of the new FR demo? Where?
    If you want - i send you all FR demo sources.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.