VCL-class EVariantTypeCastError with message...

edited April 2013 in FastReport 4.0
Hi,
I get this error message while debugging inside Delphi immediately after call the report file for preview
wrote:

Debugger Exception Notification
Project myapp.exe raised exception class EVariantTypeCastError with message 'Could not convert variant of type (String) into type (Double)'.
Break Continue Help

It appears twice before displaying the report. but if I run myapp outside debugger (from the exe) no error message apear.
The problem is I can not find which memo(s) cause this error the report has many and the error message does not display any more info. please advise

Thanks

Comments

• edited 2:16PM
    no doncht, I found the memo casing this problem but I would love to know a way to determine which component is responsible for this error to fix.
    welliam wrote: »
    no doncht, I found the memo casing this problem but I would love to know a way to determine which component is responsible for this error to fix.
    I think that whatever the problem is is handled by an internal FR exception which is surfaced when you run under the debugger. Disable the exception notification for this error type.
    I faintly remember having had this problem. Quite annoying when debugging. I never had a problem anywhere after turning the message off.
    wrote:
    I think that whatever the problem is is handled by an internal FR exception which is surfaced when you run under the debugger. Disable the exception notification for this error type.
    I faintly remember having had this problem. Quite annoying when debugging. I never had a problem anywhere after turning the message off.

Yes that worked.....thanks a lot technisoft

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.