Error in Design: ExplicitLeft not found?

I'm using XE2 C++ and FR4 vcl, and converting from FR2.53 vcl.

My error is this: In every report, including new reports I start, when I dblClick
a memo to edit it, I get the message
"Error reading TextTS->ExplicitLeft: Property ExplicitLeft does not exist."
Right clicking and choosing "Edit" produces the same result.
There's one file on my disk, in my FR4 installation, that mentions TexTS--that's
frxEditMemo.hpp, as it turns out. That sounds relevant, I get the error editing
memo's.

Does anyone know why I might be getting this error?
Thanks,
john j

Comments

• gpigpi
    edited 9:39AM
    Try to replace frxEditMemo.dfm with file from attach and recompile FR's packages
  • edited 9:39AM
    gpi wrote: »
    Try to replace frxEditMemo.dfm with file from attach and recompile FR's packages
    I had the same problem, and this fix works for me...
    Thanks!
    In D7 not working this FIX >>
  • gpigpi
    edited 9:39AM
    It should work.
    Also try to use latest 4.13
    info510 wrote: »
    In D7 not working this FIX >>

For Delphi 7, the whole Explicit* series of properties do not exist. These are added to the DFM files by higher versions of Delphi. There is a free program called Delphi DFM Converter (v10.11) that can modify DFM files to support D7. If you are using ANY version of Delphi you can use this tool, save, and recompile. Higher versions will add the Explicits where needed. You can use it for other transformations too.

Do not use the file download sites that come up when you Google this program. They will force you to register and use their download managers which leave you open to their Adware and can install toolbars without you noticing (you have to look carefully at ALL download information and probably uncheck a box hidden at the bottom of the page). Get it at the developer's site at www.maxidix.com

I am not affiliated with them, I only needed to use it because a TMS Software demo had them and I was trying to run it in D7.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.