Access violation after installing Psoft Barcode Studio

Hello,

After I installed Barcode Studio (and applying some fixes specified in this forum, because the provided code doesn't even compiles) now I'm having a access violation when trying to open the saved report:

Access violation at address 1E6370D4 in module 'frx15.bpl'. Write of address 00000004.

I've included the stack trace (created by MadExcept) in case you guys can help me pinpoint the problem.

Comments

• edited July 2012
    Hello,

After I installed Barcode Studio (and applying some fixes specified in this forum, because the provided code doesn't even compiles) now I'm having a access violation when trying to open the saved report:

Access violation at address 1E6370D4 in module 'frx15.bpl'. Write of address 00000004.

I've included the stack trace (created by MadExcept) in case you guys can help me pinpoint the problem.

Also, after I've uninstalled the PSOFT components, the problem keeps happening. When I try to open a form with a report that contains a barcode object I get the same AV.
  • edited 4:49PM
    As a side note, please, PLEASE hurry up with the version 5 of Fast Report. I don't want to suffer through badly written and poorly supported third party components to put a darned barcode in my reports.
    Got similar problems since we "use" barcode studio. And as you we are also waiting for Fast Report 5.

My last hope is, that somebody got a WORKING source from a barcode studio version from maybe last year. It seems that new versions like you and we have are wrong. Maybe older versions are working.
    OlliWW wrote: »
    As a side note, please, PLEASE hurry up with the version 5 of Fast Report. I don't want to suffer through badly written and poorly supported third party components to put a darned barcode in my reports.
    Got similar problems since we "use" barcode studio. And as you we are also waiting for Fast Report 5.

My last hope is, that somebody got a WORKING source from a barcode studio version from maybe last year. It seems that new versions like you and we have are wrong. Maybe older versions are working.

I wonder if people from Fast Report even read this forums at all. Used to be very happy with this product, now I'm feeling extremely unsatisfied since I'm not able to produce a readable PDF file with it, without mention the lack of PDF417 support.
  • gpigpi
    edited 4:49PM
    wrote:
    I can compile BarcodeStudio (October 2011) in D7 without errors
    wrote:
    I wonder if people from Fast Report even read this forums at all
    Did you create support ticket?
  • edited July 2012
    gpi wrote: »

I downloaded a registered version from PSoft last week. It doesn't compile due to missing types.
    I wonder if people from Fast Report even read this forums at all
    Did you create support ticket?

Yes, and it is being handled, but that's not my concern - sometimes these issues are wide enough so people can benefit of the shared information. I'm not complaining about tickets not being answered (so far support has been great.)

As an example, FR5. I get you need to cover business needs first, but as an existing customer I feel a little left behind. Now I've been told that this is not to be expected any soon. Where's the announce? Is there any public roadmap? I need to take decisions based on this kind of information. If I were told last year that they weren't planning to release FR5 (after you publicly announced it for summer 2011) I would have to think deeper about adopting this technology instead of another (now I'm committed, so I don't have much choice.)

Just hope you understand why I'm complaining. I'm a really small ISV and this kind of stuff hurts me.
  • edited July 2012
    Hmmm that's a sign that my thoughts may be true:
    The current version of barcode studio is buggy / unstable and no one cares or even knows about it.

I contacted the FastReport Support too and they told me to use parts of the demo version. But that's not a professional way to handle it. As Leonardo we are a big company and need working and stable report generation with barcodes.

By the way: Bought Barcode Studio (Studio Edition) on 23rd, March 2012
    Maybe we can compare our versions and reconstruct which versions are working and which are not.

But one thing is left: Does Psoft not compile their own software? I thing they develope in, lets say, XE2 and do not really test compatibility to other versions of delphi.
    Hmmm that's a sign that my thoughts may be true:
    The current version of barcode studio is buggy / unstable and no one cares or even knows about it.

I contacted the FastReport Support too and they told me to use parts of the demo version. But that's not a professional way to handle it. As Leonardo we are a big company and need working and stable report generation with barcodes.

By the way: Bought Barcode Studio (Studio Edition) on 23rd, March 2012
    Maybe we can compare our versions and reconstruct which versions are working and which are not.

But one thing is left: Does Psoft not compile their own software? I thing they develope in, lets say, XE2 and do not really test compatibility to other versions of delphi.

Yup, that pretty much sums it. No support, no customer care. Difference is, I'm not a big company, I'm basically bootstrapping a company on my free time and every dime counts. They took my money and now I missed my deadline.

Sadly, I don't see many choices. Han-soft don't license source code. Other solutions aren't Delphi centric. That's why I'm so bitter about FR4 not having PDF417 support.

Anyways, I'm writing my own component (and wasting a lot of time doing something not core to my business.)

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.