Creating a Chart from band count

Hi.

I have a report that groups and counts detail lines on a GroupFooter band using the expresson: [Count(Band4)]. Band4 is the detail band. It may look like this:

Group xxxx
Detail line
Detail line
Detail line

Group xxxx total lines: 3

Group yyyy
Detail line
Detail line
Detail line
Detail line
Detail line

Group yyyy total lines: 5

I wish to represent those group counts in a bar graph. Is it possible? I have no idea where to get started can someone provide some hints or documentation to read?

Thank you,

Reinaldo.

Comments

• edited 8:54PM
    Hi everyone out there;

Since I'm thinking that I won't be able to re-use footer count data on the chart, I was planning to write code on the code tab to collect this information into an array.

I'm using FR from an xbase language and thus I'm somewhat unsure about Pascal. I start the script with:
    Type
       ResultsRec : Record
           cGroupDesc : String[ 30 ] ;             
           nCount : Integer ;
       End;    

Var
      nCount, nTotalCount : Double ;
      ResultsArray : Array of ResultsRec;
      nIndex : Integer;                                        

To which I'm geting an error right on the 1st line -the Type declaration. The error states "Begin expected". Is it that type declarations are illegal on FR code?

Please help!

Reinaldo.
  • edited 8:54PM
    Hello, again.

Since I don't get any answers, I decided to re-write the script avoiding to use array of records. Instead I'm creating two different arrays. One holds the group description and the other the total count. I grow each array on Procedure AfterGroupFooterPrints() and after growing the array I save the values. That is working fine. The question now is, how can I use these array saved values as a series on a chart?

Thank you,

Reinaldo.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.