Semi transparent text

johnnixjohnnix Serrai, Greece
edited 11:33AM in FastReport 4.0
Hello all,

Although my search about this topic did not show any result I was wondering if there is any way to display a semi transparent text in a FR page. For my demo application I need to display a big "DEMO" word but need transparency so that the plots beneath it to be visible.

Thank you all for your time, I am using the latest FR Standard build for Delphi

Kindest regards

Comments

• gordkgordk St.Catherines On. Canada.
    edited 11:33AM
    use the overlay band for this memo it acts as an underlay
  • johnnixjohnnix Serrai, Greece
    gordk wrote: »
    use the overlay band for this memo it acts as an underlay

Hello gordk,

Thank you for your reply but using the overlay band does not make the text appear in semi transparent, it just overlaps all objects behind it. I am displaying plots in the page so I need a watermark like appearance of my overlay band text. Is this possible?

Regards
    Hello,

Does anyone have any idea if this is possible? I need to answer my client for this feature and I really need an official answer so that I know what to do next.

Regards
  • gpigpi
    FR doesn't support semitransparent feature, but you can print overlay band on back
    See attach
    Hello,

Thank you for your answer. My report pages include a lot of images so the overlay band gets covered by the pictures and the result is quite "ugly". Too bad >
  • gpigpi
    Try to set TfrxOverlay.PrintOnTop to True
    Unfortunately this is not an option as it also covers the underlying images. There should be a watermark option or band that the user could drop in the report and have the ability to adjust alpha transparency also.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.