Is FastReport 5 finished or I misunderstood something?

edited 4:26PM in FastReport 4.0
Hello,

Today I got an email from Fr:

"2. New in export filters of FastReport VCL v.4 and v.5
XLS export filter of FastReport VCL 4 supports formulas now.
PDF export filter of FastReport VCL 5 became faster and better"

Does this mean that FastReport 5 is finished?

Thank you

Comments

• edited September 2011
    As I read the e-mail,

yes, FR5 is finished and will form part of XE2 with as yet unknown license conditions.
    we will get the first glimpse on 4 August when the first session of the world tour takes place.
  • edited 4:26PM
    technisoft wrote: »
    we will get the first glimpse on 4 August when the first session of the world tour takes place.
    I just realized we are already in September. Maybe Embarcadero's world-tour schedule was over optimistic as I have heard nothing concrete about XE2 yet and it is not yet available for purchase?
    Delphi XE2 has been released. It comes with FR4. FR5 remains a myth. Would be nice to get some kind of FR5 update.
  • edited September 2011
    kamiller42 wrote: »
    Delphi XE2 has been released. It comes with FR4. FR5 remains a myth. Would be nice to get some kind of FR5 update.
    This is the message from Anton
    kamiller42 wrote: »
    As you know, Embarcadero RAD Studio XE2 is coming with the Basic version of FR5.

This is truly disappointing, not that it is FR5, but only the Basic version, less than Basic if the comparison chart is correct.
    Considering the shockingly high price of XE2 and its upgrade options I would have thought that we would get more than having to immediately fork out more money to get an FR version which is actually usable for professional development.

For the developer the inclusion of FR Basic in XE2 is only a cost without any benefit. Having no scripting ability it is the equivalent of being up the creek with no paddle.

This is a massive let down. >
    If anyone still does not know, from Delphi XE2 "Feature Matrix":

New in XE2! FastReport VCL 4 RAD Edition reporting tool
    No matter which version, according to the feature matrix the Embarcadero RAD Edition is not even the full BASIC version,
    http://www.fast-report.com/en/products/rep...ure-matrix.html

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.