FR4 with Intraweb under IIS stalls

edited 11:57AM in FastReport 4.0
I'm using Delphi 2010 Ent, Intraweb XI and FR4.

I have just switched from Rave to FR due to the lack of support. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/mad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" /> The application is running as expected in Intraweb Stand-alone mode including the creation of a pdf report using PDFExport programmatically. However when the program is running as ISAPI under IIS5 it stalls at the "frxReportAttest.Export(frxPDFExport1);" statement. I can see that the first 699 bytes of the pdf is made in the expected directory (so write permissions should be OK), but that is all that happens. No AVs or anything on the IIS PC, just like it being in an endless loop. And also nothing but the hanging on the client PC.[/img][img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" /> Does anyone have ideas to what goes wrong, and what can be done? Thanks Thomas[/img]

Comments

• edited 11:57AM
    Does the report run and export ok when the Intraweb app is run as a standalone EXE?
    kamiller42 wrote: »
    Does the report run and export ok when the Intraweb app is run as a standalone EXE?

Yes.

In my test setup I have a "server" pc and a client both running XP SP3.

When using the stand-alone on the server everything works from the client using IE8, navigating and editing a database (which is actually on a 3rd pc) as well as creating pdfs. Since this is browser based, I'm not using any report preview stuff, but just "webapplication.sendfile(<filename>)" to display on the client.

The problem is, as described earlier, that when I use the ISAPI version everything with respect to navigating and editing the database works, BUT the pdf creation fails.

And I could add that this was not problem using Rave, although I had to "protect" the pdf creation using Tcriticalsection. I have removed the critical section stuff as I understand FR4 is threadsafe. And as there has been only one user at this stage it should not be an issue anyway.

regards
    Thomas
    So I finally found the issue.
    In the PDFexport I had set ShowDialogs=false, but ShowProgress remained true.
    When I set ShowProgress=false the report generation works.

If someone who knows why it is so, feel free to explain.

Thanks for reading and participating.

Thomas
    I do not know but if ISS run as a service....
    An service can not show visual components in usual way without hanging and eventually asking the user if he want to see.
    twaldorff wrote: »
    So I finally found the issue.
    In the PDFexport I had set ShowDialogs=false, but ShowProgress remained true.
    When I set ShowProgress=false the report generation works.

If someone who knows why it is so, feel free to explain.

Thanks for reading and participating.

Thomas

Hello Friend, it will very usefull for Intraweb users if you share some code as demostration.
    I'm going to implement this pdf report on intraweb. I will tell you how it goes.
    But I have some doubt. Intraweb creates the User session. I guess every component at this datamodule is unique for each session, so there is no need to create threads or something to export the pdf.
    I guess I need to create the pdf in some temp directory, and later delete the files.
    am I right??

thans

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.