Query quick but report slow

edited 7:33PM in FastReport 4.0
Is there somebody that could assist me to make my reports faster? I use Firebird and Delphi 6 and Fast Reports 4.

I create a query (from four tables) in Delphi that run within a few seconds creating about 1060 records. I want to print the records and group them on one of the fields.

When I select the report in the program, it takes very long (I left it for more than 20-30 minutes) to create the list and still do generate the report. I tested the SQL of the query and when I create it directly on the database it creates the query in a few seconds. I selected the query as the datasource for the report.

Is there a "trick" to make the generating of the report from a query faster?

Please help!

Comments

• Anu de DeusAnu de Deus Hampshire, UK
    edited 7:33PM
    I suppose you did set the query.Active := true before you run the report, and kept it active all the way when previewing it, right?
  • edited 7:33PM
    I suppose you did set the query.Active := true before you run the report, and kept it active all the way when previewing it, right?

Yes, I did!
  • gpigpi
    edited 7:33PM
    Attach small demo project with problem here

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.