New user problems using VS2010

edited 12:29AM in FastReport .NET
Hi guys,

I wonder if anyone can help. I'm attempting to install and use the .Net version into VS2010. I'm using the Basic version as I use Framework 3.5. After a nightmare trying to get the FastReport section to appear in the Toolbox I now am having problems using it.

If I drag the Report component onto a form it seems to think about it for a long time then nothing... no item appears on the form. This is the same with the Preview item too.

Has anyone got any ideas why this may be happening?

Thanks

Comments

• edited 12:29AM
    Hi,

There are two versions of FastReport .NET:
    1. For Visual Studio 2005, 2008, 2010 .NET Framework 2.0, 3.0, 3.5.
    2. For Visual Studio 2010 .NET Framework 4.0.
    Make sure that you using right version.
    OlegK wrote: »
    Hi,

There are two versions of FastReport .NET:
    1. For Visual Studio 2005, 2008, 2010 .NET Framework 2.0, 3.0, 3.5.
    2. For Visual Studio 2010 .NET Framework 4.0.
    Make sure that you using right version.

Thanks Oleg,

Got it to work eventually. VS was not installing the correct reference to the FastReport.dll

Brian
    Hello,

I have the same problem, nothing appears on the form when i drag the designer of other fastreports components from the toolbox to an empty form.

I use VS 2010
    I have the Framework 3.5

I have load the Fastreport.dll from the Framework 2 folder to the toolbox and i have try with the Framework 4 folder too.
    The problem is the same in both cases.

The .dll i have load have as assembly name 2016.4.3.0

Thanks for help!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.