StartNewPage has No Effect

FR Gurus,

Please see the attached jpg. Here you notice that midway of the first page, Feb 19th starts. The problem is this date corresponds to a new building, which does not have a label until the second page.

I have the StartNewPage = "True" associated with the Building group, but it seems to have no effect.

I expect to see a blank area below the aggregate data of Blg407.

Please advise what I am doing wrong.

Attached is also the properties of the Building group header

Regards,
Monte Carver

Comments

• edited 1:09PM
    Now here is a question. After much futzing, and an unintended reboot (yes a BSOD). I load the report again, and now the GroupHeader break works.

Why? Is this kind of behavior classic of Fast Reports?

• gpigpi
    edited February 2011
    wrote:
    Please advise what I am doing wrong.
    You don't attached report template (fr3) and saved preview pages (fp3)
  • gordkgordk St.Catherines On. Canada.
    edited 1:09PM
    Now here is a question. After much futzing, and an unintended reboot (yes a BSOD). I load the report again, and now the GroupHeader break works.

Why? Is this kind of behavior classic of Fast Reports?
    no it is not.
    it can happen when a report component has store in dfm set to true and after much "futzing"(changing and Previewing from the ide) and no saving of the delphi form the ide runs out of stack space and the 'bsod", occurs.
    usually on older delphi versions.
    I made some tests with MasterBand.StartNewPage := true and dbcross with few calcultaions in TotalRow.
    I enclose final result (JPG) and fr3 definition based on demo database.

Mick
  • gpigpi
    edited 1:09PM
    I tried with FR 4.10.7 - all works OK
    Please see the attached jpg. Here you notice that midway of the first page, Feb 19th starts. The problem is this date corresponds to a new building, which does not have a label until the second page.

I have the StartNewPage = "True" associated with the Building group, but it seems to have no effect.

[snip ..]
    There are conditions where Groupheader and StartNewPage can result in some unresolvable situation. I had such a case recently but can't remember the exact details.
    However, after I figured out what happens it was quite logical and I can't see how it could be changed.

Upon a while of reflaction I think that this problem (several agregate functions at a footer band) can be solved without using DBCross.
    I mean such a solution based on pure FastReport script:

1. declare global array variables
    2. OnBeforePrint event for GroupHeader clear these tables
    3. OnBeforePrint event for MasterData gather values into these tables according to value in certain columns / memos on the band
    4. OnBeforePrint event for GroupFooter do necessary calculations and put their results in memos on GroupFooter band

Mick

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.