Dlls to import in fastreport.

I am using fastreport.net for reproting facility for winforms.

Now I have imported only one dll that is fastreport.dll in my project. That is not working. Because fastreport.bar.dll should be imported,if I import that dll in my project,then it works, but I came to know that there is no need of importing other dlls than fastreport.dll.

So is there need to import fastreport.bar.dll to import in my project, and I read in the manual that if I want to use docking window and all that then and then I will have need of import it ? Has anyone idea about that ?

Comments

• edited 5:37PM
    As i read:
    You may redistribute the following files along with your application:

?· FastReport.dll - the main FastReport.Net library;

?· FastReport.Web.dll - the library that contains ASP.Net WebReport component;

?· FastReport.Bars.dll - the toolbars and docking windows library;

?· FastReport.Editor.dll - the code editor with syntax highlight. This library is not needed if you don't provide an end-user designer;

?· FastReport.xml - comments for classes, properties and methods used in FastReport. This file is used by the script editor, and also by the hint panels in the "Data" and "Properties" windows. It's not obligatory to distribute this file.

I your case, i think that you need the FastReport.Bars.dll and FastReport.dll

If you'll use ASP you'll need FastReport.Web.dll too.

Greets !

Now I have imported only one dll that is fastreport.dll in my project. That is not working. Because fastreport.bar.dll should be imported,if I import that dll in my project,then it works, but I came to know that there is no need of importing other dlls than fastreport.dll.

So is there need to import fastreport.bar.dll to import in my project, and I read in the manual that if I want to use docking window and all that then and then I will have need of import it ? Has anyone idea about that ?
    toni wrote: »
    As i read:
    You may redistribute the following files along with your application:

?· FastReport.dll - the main FastReport.Net library;

?· FastReport.Web.dll - the library that contains ASP.Net WebReport component;

?· FastReport.Bars.dll - the toolbars and docking windows library;

?· FastReport.Editor.dll - the code editor with syntax highlight. This library is not needed if you don't provide an end-user designer;

?· FastReport.xml - comments for classes, properties and methods used in FastReport. This file is used by the script editor, and also by the hint panels in the "Data" and "Properties" windows. It's not obligatory to distribute this file.

I your case, i think that you need the FastReport.Bars.dll and FastReport.dll

If you'll use ASP you'll need FastReport.Web.dll too.

Greets !

But I cannot understand that why should I give fastreportbar.dll ? What is the use of fastreport.bar.dll because I don't want to let user can design the page or any other extra facality ? And if it is necessary to give fastreport.bar.dll then what is the functionality which we remove from the reporting so we can avoid fastreport.bar.dll ? And which classes or functionality uses this fastreport.bar.dll ?

Thanks.
    As i could see, when in IDE toolbox you do "Choose items" and then you filter by "Fastreport" you could see the component name and his assembly name (the DLL file) in the dialog. (look into my attach)

I hope it will be useful

Greets !

But I cannot understand that why should I give fastreportbar.dll ? What is the use of fastreport.bar.dll because I don't want to let user can design the page or any other extra facality ? And if it is necessary to give fastreport.bar.dll then what is the functionality which we remove from the reporting so we can avoid fastreport.bar.dll ? And which classes or functionality uses this fastreport.bar.dll ?

Thanks.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.