Can 2 FR versions coexist?

johnnixjohnnix Serrai, Greece
edited 2:56PM in FastReport 4.0
Hello,

I have TurboDelphi Pro and DelphiXE PRo installed on my PC and I wish to know if I can install the latezt build of FR to use it with my DelphiXE. I already use FR under my TurboDelphi and I am worried that installing it again may cause problems e.g under TurboDelphi I use TeeChart 8.06 and under DelphiXE I use TeeChart 2010.

Thank you all for your time

Regards

Comments

• gordkgordk St.Catherines On. Canada.
    edited 2:56PM
    AFAIK yes
    i have it installed in bds2006 delphi
    delphi 2010, delphi xe
  • johnnixjohnnix Serrai, Greece
    gordk wrote: »
    AFAIK yes
    i have it installed in bds2006 delphi
    delphi 2010, delphi xe

Hello,

I am concerned about the bpl files going into my System32, these files will belong to the version I install last so I am afraid there will be a conflict. Am I right on this?

Regards
  • gordkgordk St.Catherines On. Canada.
    your bpls are numbered according to delphi versions.
    assuming you used default paths to install
    use fr's uninstaller to remove oldest version, delete the c:\Progtam Files\Fastreports\Fastreport 4 folder and all its contents.
    use the new downloaded installer to install the new version, then run the fr recompiler
    select the compiler to use and compile all this will create the lib folder for the selected version.
    then run the recompiler and select the path to the tchart files and change tchart versions and compile.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.