Horizontal aligment is different in web and forms

In a herader report, I have 2 text objects:

<TextObject Name="Title" Left="94.49" Width="519.67" Height="30.24" Text="[ReportTitle]" Padding="0, 1, 2, 1" Font="Arial, 17pt, style=Bold"/>
<TextObject Name="Filter" Left="94.49" Top="32.12" Width="510.24" Height="20.79" Text="[Filter]" Padding="2, 1, 2, 1" Font="Arial, 8pt"/>

I am trying to align them the left, it works fine in the WinForm viewer, and also in the pdf exportation, but when I use the Web viewer, the first object is not left aligned. It seems aligned by the center, but also it is not exactly the center. How can I solve it?

Thanks

Comments

• edited 2:09PM
    Hello,

It's due to different rendering in winforms (GDI+ DrawString method) and HTML. DrawString method adds a little space before the text, depending on font size used.
    I mean that in Winforms and pdf, the two boxes are perfectly aligned by the left.

Using web render, the first one appears in the middle of the screen, the second one appears in the expected place. There is a difference of more than 5 cm.

Maybe I am doing something wrong.
    Could you attach the prepared report file (.fpx, save from preview)?
  • edited February 2010
    I have sent it to you via email.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.