PDF Export File size increased in 4.9

edited 11:28PM in FastReport 4.0
Hi

When exporting to PDF using the latest version, the file size as DRAMATICALLY increased. A 375Kb file has now grown to 1.6Mb. Same report template, no code changes in reporting logic or property changes on the FastReport components.

Could someone please have a look and advise accordingly.

Thanks
Regan

Comments

• edited 11:28PM
    Any takers?
  • dschuchdschuch Dresden,Germany
    edited 11:28PM
    reganc wrote: »
    Any takers?

perhaps the "compress option" is not true per default in FR 49?

check the compress option.
    dschuch wrote: »
    dschuch wrote: »
    Any takers?

Is there any solution to this? I've noticed the same thing. If I print using the Adobe driver I get a file size of 8 MB but using FastReport PDF export WITH COMPRESSION I get a file size of 201 MB and without compression I get 229 MB.
    afusco wrote: »
    Any takers?

Is there any solution to this? I've noticed the same thing. If I print using the Adobe driver I get a file size of 8 MB but using FastReport PDF export WITH COMPRESSION I get a file size of 201 MB and without compression I get 229 MB.
    Yes, it's the same to me.

and the reason is: Fonts are always embedded!
    The switch "EmbeddedFonts" will reset to True during exporting!

So maybe there will be a fix ...
    Sir Rufo wrote: »
    So maybe there will be a fix ...
    Promised for FR5 which by now must be about 2 years overdue although it feels more like 10.
    At long last SOME news. The latest e-mail from Fast Report about the FR4 update contains

"PS Sorry, we are working hard on FastReport VCL 5 now, so not so many changes. Follow our news [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />" There is hope![/img]>

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.