No FastReport Studio on main website anymore?!

SRay69SRay69 USA
edited 7:12PM in FastReport Studio
I came to the site today to download the latest version of the ActiveX/COM version 4.9.314, apparently released on November 19th, 2012. That's just a couple months ago. I was glad to see an update.

But then I went to the main website and saw that no FastReport Studio ActiveX/COM was available for sale, download or anything. I know ActiveX is technically an old technology, but a lot of us still use it and we'd all be very sad if it went away. >

Comments

• edited 7:12PM
    The page is still there :

http://www.fast-report.com/en/product/fast...or-com-activex/

Indeed strange, the product should be marked as deprecated minimum 6month before removing it...

Ulrich
  • SRay69SRay69 USA
    edited 7:12PM
    Yeah, I had found that, but I think it's still there because someone forgot to remove it. If you click on Buy, it doesn't work. The Download link's still there though. >
  • edited 7:12PM
    SRay69 wrote: »
    Yeah, I had found that, but I think it's still there because someone forgot to remove it. If you click on Buy, it doesn't work. The Download link's still there though. >

Seems the product is discontinued.
    What alternatives do we still have for activex?
  • SRay69SRay69 USA
    edited 7:12PM
    Mingo wrote: »
    Seems the product is discontinued.
    What alternatives do we still have for activex?

I haven't found any that's any good. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" /> This is the best one around. There used to be one called ActiveReports, but they have moved to .NET and there hasn't been an update in years. I think Crystal Reports still supports ActiveX, but they're really expensive. I guess at some point we'll all have to move to C#.NET. :/[/img]

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.