RichEdit control with AutoURLDetect

Hello FastReport Users and Support

I have a urgent question and programming situation to solve asap:

How can I use the TfrxRichEdit control inside a FastReport which has the ability to use the AutoURLDetect property from the underlying RxRichEdit and of course to click inside the Report Preview on these URLs and using a event to react on this clicks?

Last but not least it must be possible to export this report also to PDF and the URL's should be still exist inside the PDF document.

Thanks for your quick reply and hopefully code examples how to implement it! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/unsure.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":unsure:" border="0" alt="unsure.gif" /> Kind regards, MrDeveloper[/img]

Comments

• gpigpi
    edited 2:35AM
    wrote:
    How can I use the TfrxRichEdit control inside a FastReport which has the ability to use the AutoURLDetect property from the underlying RxRichEdit and of course to click inside the Report Preview on these URLs and using a event to react on this clicks?
    FR doesn't have such feature, beause you see an image in the preview
    procedure TfrxRichView.Draw(Canvas: TCanvas; ScaleX, ScaleY, OffsetX,
      OffsetY: Extended);
    var
      EMF: TMetafile;
    begin
      BeginDraw(Canvas, ScaleX, ScaleY, OffsetX, OffsetY);
      DrawBackground;

EMF := CreateMetafile;
      try
        Canvas.StretchDraw(Rect(FX, FY, FX1, FY1), EMF);
      finally
        EMF.Free;
      end;

DrawFrame;
    end;

• edited 2:35AM
    gpi wrote: »
    FR doesn't have such feature, beause you see an image in the preview
    procedure TfrxRichView.Draw(Canvas: TCanvas; ScaleX, ScaleY, OffsetX,
      OffsetY: Extended);
    var
      EMF: TMetafile;
    begin
      BeginDraw(Canvas, ScaleX, ScaleY, OffsetX, OffsetY);
      DrawBackground;

EMF := CreateMetafile;
      try
        Canvas.StretchDraw(Rect(FX, FY, FX1, FY1), EMF);
      finally
        EMF.Free;
      end;

DrawFrame;
    end;

Thanks for that hint. How could it be implemented? Is there a feature request portal somewhere? In my opinion the developers of Fast Report are not really actively support the VCL stuff. Still remember that version 5 should be coming since more than one year now? > Very disappointing and FMX is not everything.
  • gpigpi
    edited 2:35AM
    wrote:
    How could it be implemented?
    I think this can't be implemented

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.