TFrRxRichView - "problem"

Hi guys
I have done some code for making a report with a TFrRxRichView component.
I put the code so u can see...
I can attach the report file if necessary, just tell me.

The problem I have is that i have put the TFrRxRichView in the report's design window, but when i load a text which is larger than 1 page, additional pages are not added, EVEN IF I MARK THE DOUBLEPASS CHECKBOX IN THE REPORT'S OPTION...

What should i try? plz help me... i must give the final product soon ... thanks
  // this code goes to the necessary id so the client's text is shown
  // the richview component's field property is set to Data.TBLRutina's Text field...
  Data.TBLRutina.Open;
  Data.TBLRutina.IndexName := 'IDXID';
  Data.TBLRutina.FindNearest([Data.TBLCliente.FieldByName('rutina').AsInteger]);

//i load the report with variables, date, hour, etc.
  frVariables['RUTINA']:= Data.TBLRutina.FieldByName('nombre').AsString;
  frVariables['FECHA']:= DateTimeToStr(Now);
  frVariables['NOMBRE']:= Data.TBLCliente.FieldByName('nombre').ASString;
  frVariables['PESOIDEAL']:= Data.TBLCliente.FieldByName('pesoideal').ASString;

// and show it ... but if text is 4 pages long, it shows only 1??
  ReportCLI.ShowReport;

thanks alot, anything tell me, i can upload the report file, etc.

Comments

• gordkgordk St.Catherines On. Canada.
    edited 8:26AM
    hi
    make sure rxrtfmemo has stretched set to true and the band must have stretched and breaked set to true.
    regards ;)
  • edited August 2004
    gordk
    I tested all u said, moved all report's components to bands
    then i set breaked & stretched to the band which contains the richview comp.
    then, i set richview's stretched to true ..
    compiled, run and ... nothing... i don't c the rich text now..

could u take a look 2 c what i did bad ?

i upped the report file and the code which is fired when button "PRINT" is pressed here
    http://www.alipogroup.com/report.zip

I don't know what 2 do and i should have given the installer to the man some days ago... ;)

thanks alot & sorry 4 bothering... ;)
    Just a quick look
    You will never get a masterheader to display unless you have a masterdata band set to at least virtual 1 record.
    that is what i would place the rtfmemo in.
    regards ;)
  • edited 8:26AM
    hi gordk
    i didn't understand so much your answer but i suppose i put the component in a bad band?
    which band should i use?
    the thing is that i have my frrerport designer in spanish and maybe that can generate confusion.
    I set the field property of the tfrrxrichview to a field from the db which is opened before showing the report... so u say i put the component in a bad band?

what should i do?
    thanks ...
    Put the component in a masterdataband height is not critical just larger then default height of component.
    set the bands datasource property to the frdbdataset which is connected to your query. set its stretched and breaked properties to true.
    adjust the width of your rtfobject to the width you want. set stretched and wordwrap properties.

Note compile and run demos\reports demo project look at all the demo reports
    they cover most situations also look at the demos data module to see how to connect datasets, tables/queries, datasources to each other.

regards ;)
  • edited 8:26AM
    U know man
    I tried it, AND WORKED. Thanks a lot for your help.
    The thing is that i was getting errors with query component because i was getting "Cannot perform this operation on a closed dataset"
    Then i decided to work with the Dataset, the table. not query.
    It worked but it showed all the records of the table...
    and then wondered how to show just the 1 i selected before printing...

and saw the rangebegin and rangeend properties of the tfrdbdataset component and set them to rbCurrent and VOALA... great !!

thanks gordk 4 all your valuable help !!

I recommended FR to a friend, he is gonna buy it but he wants 2 know when will be 3 final ready and how much will it cost? so he waits a little more until 3 is finished...

thanks !!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.