Problem installing FR 4

I updated my desktop PC with FR 4.12 I believe, whatever is the latest. It worked fine on my desktop. On my laptop it kept asking to delete the old version, which I tried 3 times. Still would not install, and the old folders were still on the hard drive even though it appeared the files were being deleted. I manually deleted the folders, tried to install again. Failed. I deleted many things in the registry with "Fastreport 4" in the text. Now the installer said it would repair the installation, but none of the components appear in my compiler. If I run install again it says to "Repair", I cannot remove it or install it, only repair it. Is there a tool that will completely remove old FR4 versions?

Thanks!
Doug

Comments

• gpigpi
    edited September 2012
    Did you run FR installer as administrator?

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.