How do you sort rows in a cross tab report?

hsmhsm
edited September 2012 in FastReport 4.0
I have a dataset with columns Name, Gender, KS2 Band, KS2 APS, OtherSubjectCode and OtherGrade.
It is sorted by Name and then KS2APS. All fields are strings.

My cross tab has Name, Gender, KS2 Band, KS2 APS on each row,
OtherSubjectCode as the cross columns,
OtherGrade as the cross cell.

I am able to sort the name ascending or descending by changing the drop down in the designer. (see left hand picture)

However, if I set Name to 'No sort' and instead set KS2 APS, or any other field, to 'Ascending A-Z' (see middle picture) then I seem to get a completely random order of rows, not sorted by KS2 APS or name (see picture on right)

I've tried changing the sort order in the dataset to match that in the designer but it still makes no difference.
I've tried setting all of them to 'no sort' and sorting the dataset the way I want but it still makes no difference.

The only way I can make it work is to move the KS2 APS to the first column as it seems this is the only column that obeys the sort order in the designer.

How can I sort by a different column?

Comments

• hsmhsm
    edited 6:21AM
    flogger123 wrote: »
    Looks like this issue needs further tests and troubleshooting. Have you created a support ticket on this yet?
    I don't know how to. I can post on here and see 'my controls' etc but every time I try to log in on the support page it doesn't recognise my user name and password!

I did wonder if it was a bug of some sort. Its taken me nearly two days to re-write all the sql and re-design my linked datasets just so I can simulate sorting by a different column.
  • gpigpi
    wrote:
    However, if I set Name to 'No sort' and instead set KS2 APS, or any other field, to 'Ascending A-Z' (see middle picture) then I seem to get a completely random order of rows, not sorted by KS2 APS or name (see picture on right)
    You can't to do this, you just get sorted KS2 APS in Name, Gender, KS2 Band. But you use only one value of KS2 APS for each Name, Gender, KS2 Band group
    So, you should use MasterData band for your task (different sort order)
    wrote:
    I can post on here and see 'my controls' etc but every time I try to log in on the support page it doesn't recognise my user name and password!
    Did you use your login/password for your personal download page?
  • hsmhsm
    gpi wrote: »
    Did you use your login/password for your personal download page?

I think so. When I go to the main page of Fastreports I log in with a user name and password to get to the forum and post comments. I can also see all my controls.
    Its only when I go to 'support' and then 'online support form,' (which is where I think I am supposed to raise tickets) that I get asked to log in again , under a heading of 'Authorization'. Thats where my user name/password is not recognised. I'm sure I registed a long time ago

(Thanks for the info about the sorting. In the end I fiddled around with clientdataset.addIndex and clientdataset.IndexName and got it to work that way, with the crosstab having no sorts set )

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.